The demand for the services of hosting companies NOT owned by the Endurance International Group, EIG (now Newfold Digital) is rising.
Usually, as professionals in the hosting business, we took interest in this rising trend and decided to investigate further – afterall, this is our business; that is what we stay online day and night doing (so that you don’t have to do the nasty, dirty jobs yourself).
This is what we’ll be doing here today.
For your sake, we have gone out of our way to research into the reason why hosting options powered by the EIG are not much loved in the hosting world today.
As wrap up, we provide 5 smart non-EIG hosting options that you can, alternatively, host your site with.
However, before we begin serious business, let’s get the basics right: what is the Endurance International Group (EIG)?
If you are however in a hurry, here is a summary of the best Non-EIG/Newfold Digital hosting companies of 2022:
Please, kindly note that these links open to the respective hosting companies, directly.
What Is Newfold Digital?
Newfold Digital is a large hosting corporation, founded in 1997 with headquarters in Burlington, Massachusetts.
Formerly known as BizLand and later as The Endurance International Group (EIG), the company has a simple – yet effective business model that has seen it buy other brands up and grow into the giant it is today.
This business model involves the buying and acquisition of companies in the hosting, domain management, search, social media and email marketing niches.
The acquired brands, under this style, are absorbed into the holding of the parent company, EIG. This means that management changes – and usually, the IT infrastructure of such companies is moved to India – irrespective of where they were hitherto situated.
However, the acquired companies and brands continue to operate under their earlier known names and identities. Essentially thus, what changes for a company when EIG acquires it is its management and the relocation of its IT infrastructure to India.
EIG, on its own end, explains the rationale for this business move thus: “Our mission is as simple as it is aspirational: to bring together technology, people, products, and data to create solutions that help small businesses succeed”.
Why Do Many Webmasters Hate The Newfold Digital (Formerly EIG) Hosting Options With A Passion So Rare?
The quest for hosting companies or options not owned by EIG is huge – and growing by the day. This growing distraught on the EIG brands has seen non-EIG hosting companies take pains to clear the air that they are still very independent and as a matter of fact, are privately owned (read: not EIG owned or controlled).
However, it is important to address a very important issue at this point: why is the EIG brand hated this much by webmasters, bloggers and hosting professionals?
The reason is simple; the answer is not far-fetched.
EIG, over the years, has mastered the act of acquiring smaller brands and companies, merging them to the larger Endurance family and ruining them completely, in the process.
In defense of EIG though, the conglomerate does not go out of its way to ruin these companies: rather, it is the manner that the companies are run after EIG’s acquisition that sees customers and the rest of the world (read: non-EIG folks) complaining.
Now, how are companies run when they become part of the EIG family?
It’s fairly simple – at least, on surface value: first, such a company’s IT infrastructure is moved to India where the conglomerate maintains an impressive presence.
The staff may be maintained – together with the management. However, the overall philosophy and direction of such a company changes: the focus is strictly on productivity and profit and generally not on offering the best possible service that can be got!
It is this shift in philosophy (when EIG takes over a company) that makes webmasters, bloggers and other professionals to have a general dislike for the EIG-controlled brands.
It is also this dislike that has made you, today, seek out the very best hosting companies that are not EIG owned or controlled.
Without much ado thus, let’s get to business.
Top 5 Best Hosting Companies NOT Owned By EIG AKA Newfold Digital
Carefully outlined below are the top 5 best hosting companies that are not owned by the Endurance International Group.
Please, note that, to really ensure that you have the very best service from our end here, we have also indicated why we think each of the 5 options here is a smart and awesome one – from the plethora of options the world offers today.
Are you ready?
1. A2 Hosting
Founded in 2001, A2 Hosting (initially called Iniquinet) has come a long way in the hosting world and for professionals who know about the company, it is no surprise that it came here right at number 1.
A2 recently laid claim to being the world’s fastest hosting company when it held that its solid state turbo servers were 20X faster than that of the competition – a claim that we independently verified when we ran a special A2 hosting review recently.
However, speed is not the only claim A2 has to offer neither is it its only claim to fame.
The company is one of the very few hosting companies today that offers free SSL certificates to its clients and ensures that support queries (no matter the channels where they are brought in) are handled with the dispatch they deserve.
Why Is A2 An Awesome Option?
- A2 has the fastest (solid-state) turbo servers in the industry. As a matter of fact, no rival or competitor equals the company when it comes to speed. Hosting with A2 thus means that you’ll certainly please both users and bots – eventually dominating the SERPs without much effort.
- Hosting with A2 means that you’ll have a free SSL certificate for every website on an account. This helps in security and ensures that your readers trust you better – a reality that results in awesome conversions at the end.
- Free and easy site transfer – if you’re moving from another hosting company. Unlike BlueHost (an EIG brand), no one will charge you a whopping $149.99 just to move your site over to A2’s servers).
- An impressive 99.9% uptime guarantee. If you want to make it online and have your site work for you even when you sleep, doesn’t it need to be online as much as it can be?
- Finally, A2 offers an impressive ‘anytime money-back guarantee’. This is super rare in the hosting industry and its presence here only means that the company is sure you’ll love its services and not cancel at the end.
Want to take a shot at A2? Click here to sign up directly and see these awesome features for yourself, first-hand.
2. SiteGround Hosting
For many years running now, SiteGround has been one of the top 5 best hosting companies the hosting world affords.
The company took the hosting world by surprise when it made every customer special by ensuring that, no matter what channel used to contact them, one always had the attention of a rep in just a matter of moments!
The reality of placing customers on a pedestal – and making them feel like the true kings and queens that they are is not all SiteGround has to offer though: its servers are secured against the latest threats – and run only the very latest software, including the latest PHP version.
SiteGround, without more unnecessary talk is a darling in the web hosting world and is one of the options officially recommended by WordPress directly.
Why Is SiteGround An Awesome Option?
- SiteGround has been officially recommended by WordPress; WordPress in turn powers over 30% of the entire internet today. Does this make sense?
- Hosting with SiteGround means a free SSL certificate (powered by Let’s Encrypt) for every website on the hosting plan. This goes a long way to keep your communication to and from the site, private. It also goes far to ensure that you keep prying and snooping eyes at bay!
- SiteGround has a super awesome support system. Chats are joined almost immediately, phone calls are answered on the spot and tickets are updated in the first 10 minutes. What could be better, support-wise?
- Hosting with this company means enjoying the benefits of a company with a security-first mindset. SiteGround, in terms of ensuring the security of sites on its servers, is simply best in class. Here, threats are neutralized even before webmasters know of their existence…this security first mindset also means that website security professionals make it their duty to stand guard over your site so that you can actually sleep. Is this not simply cool?
- Daily backup snapshots of your website. If anything ever goes wrong, restoring your site to an earlier point in time (when things worked pretty well) takes less than 5 minutes!
There is simply no way that the very best hosting companies would be discussed online and SiteGround would not be mentioned. You should take a look directly and see how awesome the company is!
3. Dream Host
Founded in 1996, DreamHost is older than EIG itself (remember EIG was founded in 1997). As a matter of fact, DreamHost is one of the very oldest hosting companies online today.
Of course, all those years behind a company means experience and tons of it. It means, the company is simply not in the realm of ‘trial and error’ again as it is dead certain of anything before the execution process commences.
With all those years behind it, the company certainly knows what it is doing: for instance, it is one of the very few hosting companies online to guarantee 100% uptime hosting.
However, the awesomeness does not end there: the company, with its years of experience, approaches hosting in a manner that you always benefit at the end by purposefully focusing on what truly matters. In the words of the company directly: “We make sure your website is fast, secure & always up – so your visitors & search engines trust you. Guaranteed”.
Can you beat that?
Why Is Dream Host An Awesome Option?
- DreamHost is one of the very few hosting companies recommended by WordPress. You see, the company is not simply old – it has a ton of experience in the process and pretty much knows what it is doing.
- This company offers 100% hosting uptime guarantee! This is one of the very few companies in the entire industry that guarantees you that your site will always remain online. In comparison to others, this, certainly, is the real deal.
- The prices here are dead cheap. For only $2.59 a month, you are a proud account owner and web admin 🙂
- The company is pro-security – and goes out of its way to ensure that sites hosted on its servers are safe. A good example of their commitment to security is the adoption of Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates for all websites hosted on their servers. Isn’t this plain brilliant?
With age, all good things come. Check out the good things Dream Host’s age has ensured for you directly by clicking here.
4. InMotion Hosting
Founded in 2001 and privately held since then, InMotion Hosting is one the smartest alternatives to EIG hosting today.
This hosting company is genuinely pro-business and seeks out classes of persons who need help online and offers that help.
For example, students get a steep student hosting discount when they opt to go with InMotion. For small businesses, this hosting company creates quick business websites for them in just 2 business days for only $99.
The most awesome part of the appeal of InMotion is that its services are priced fairly – and in a manner anyone who is serious with business can afford. Basic hosting here starts at only a little over $4 a month with dedicated servers starting at just a little over $100.
Does it get better anywhere?
Why Is InMotion Hosting An Awesome Option?
- This hosting company maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, a consumer protection agency that reviews the integrity and performance of businesses in the US and Canada.
- InMotion hosting is truly considerate of newbies and other categories of persons who may have challenges accessing its services. If this is you, there is no sweeter deal online.
- This hosting company’s services are modestly priced. If your budget is tight, this might just be the very best hosting option for you at the moment.
- For only about $99, the team at InMotion will get you a professional business website. This is simply the cheapest website offer we have seen anywhere online.
- InMotion is designed to support your site as you grow. There is thus no fear whatsoever of ‘outgrowing’ your web server in either the near or distant future!
Usually, some things are better experienced than read. Click here to experience the power InMotion Hosting affords its clients directly.
5. Liquid Web Hosting
The very last option on our list here today is Liquid Web – one of the top 5 finest hosting companies the web offers today.
The company is in fifth place today not because of any performance lags but simply because, it isn’t privately held again – at least, not in the manner we all know of a founder holding unto his or her creation and pumping new ideas into such a company with all the velocity of their dreams 🙂
Liquid Web was sometime in the past sold to a Chicago-based investment firm, Madison Dearborn Partners.
However, this is not a cause for worry at all: Madison Dearborn isn’t EIG and they certainly don’t have the sad reputation that trails EIG wherever they go.
What is even worth noting about Liquid Web is that, the company has grown from strength to strength since its sale and it now boasts of ensuring an impressive 100% uptime guarantee for its teeming customer base.
For that alone, we sincerely believe that the company is great hands – well better hands than the EIG brands!
In the section immediately below, we’ll share why opting for the company is a cool and awesome idea.
Why Is Liquid Web An Awesome Option?
- Liquid Web promises 100% uptime guarantee and keeps to its promise. It is one of the very few web hosting companies in the world that dares promise this.
- Support is top priority for this company. You are guaranteed a 59-second response to your query; this is one of the very best in the hosting industry.
- Fully managed WordPress hosting. With this reality, you don’t need to do anything technical as all the technical bits are handled by the hosting professionals directly.
- Awesome for agencies, resellers, freelancers and business owners. There is something for everyone at Liquid Web.
Wrapping Up On The Best Non-EIG Hosting Available For 2022
Some folks swear by EIG – sadly, we don’t. The stats are simply not strong in their favor to enable us take a contrary position.
This is because, besides Blue Host, every brand that EIG takes over plunges, nose first in the nearest available ditch. The example of Arvixe and A Small Orange are recent cases still very fresh in memory.
This does not mean you should take our position; if you swear by EIG, what we ask is that you go along with Blue Host. And BlueHost Only. End of story.
However, if you trust us enough to go with our opinion (and will appreciate smart non-EIG alternatives in the process), the options shared above are the very best.
You simply cannot get options better than these, online.
Enjoy the day!