Do not get us wrong: SiteGround is an awesome hosting company.
As a matter of fact, it is one of the best hosting company the world offers today!
However, there are times when a client (or you for that matter) would rather want something else – for a reason or two.
In such an instance, in-spite of the awesomeness of SiteGround, you’d rather prefer an alternative – a competitor and at the end, would be happier to go with such an alternative.
If you’re in such a unique situation (as detailed above – and continued below), kindly read this article to the end.
Here, you won’t just see and read about alternatives to SiteGround.
We’ll present to you worthy competitors of SiteGround for 2021 that will certainly make you wonder why you did not consider them in the first place 🙂
However, first things first: what are the reasons why anyone (or you for that matter) would be interested in an alternative to SiteGround, given that the company offers one of the very best hosting services there is today?
Why Consider An Alternative Or Competitor Of SiteGround Hosting (When The Company Offers Excellent Service?)
It is not always that one seeks an alternative to something that is already great or working awesome.
We get it: why attempt to fix anything if it’s not broken?
However, there are instances where it makes a tonne of sense to seek out an alternative or a competitor of something that is not outrightly bad.
For SiteGround, there are 3 of such instances:
1. The Initial High(er) Price Per Plan Of SiteGround
The very first reason why you may be interested in an alternative of SiteGround’s is the fact that while the company is an awesome authority in the hosting world, its prices per plan are not the cheapest that can be found.
For instance, its apex shared hosting plan in the basic hosting category retails for $11.95 a month. In comparison, the similar equivalent offered by A2, one of SiteGround’s closest competitors retails for only $9.31.
Now, if you’re one who is keen on price tabs and ensures that this determines what you buy and where you buy it, you may find SiteGround’s offer here a little on the high side and accordingly, may choose to look elsewhere.
Further down this line, it is also worthy of note to understand that SiteGround offers what is known as introductory pricing.
This means that, the price paid on signup is usually a discounted price of what the hosting plan actually renews for, when the initial hosting term elapses.
For instance, the GoGeek hosting plan of SiteGround initially retails for only $143.40. However, after the initial first year elapses, this same plan renews for about $419.40.
2. SiteGround’s Lack Of A Monthly Payment Option
Commitment, by default is not for everyone.
As in relationships, so is it with hosting: some clients simply don’t want to commit for more than a calendar month when they are in the business of paying hosting providers – and you may be one of such smart persons.
The reasons for this are varied:
- Lack of (initial) trust in a new hosting provider.
- Lack of a lump sum to offset the initially substantive amounts that the yearly term demands.
- Retaining the ability to check out of the hosting plan should they want to.
- A freaking desire not to commit to anything in life in the long run!
If the above describes you, you are in for some real surprise as SiteGround literally does not have you covered.
The company does not have the monthly billing option that sees that clients pay their hosting companies or providers at the end of every month.
Thus, if the monthly hosting billing cycle is very important to you, there is simply no way that you will not be interested in a competitor of SiteGround’s.
Recommended Reading: Top 5 Best Monthly Payment Hosting Solutions
3. Any Other (Personal) Reason That You May Have
The above reasons are the two most pronounced and popular that we can figure out as we write.
However, we do not lay claim that this is exhaustive: as a matter of fact, there are literally unlimited reasons not to like SiteGround – which of course, are private and reside deep in the residence of your skull.
For instance, you may not like the support staff, or the layout of SiteGround.
Or, who knows, you may not like the very name, SiteGround!
Whatever reason it is that you have for not liking this hosting company, you can put it right here, at our number 3.
However, guess what? It does not matter.
For right next to this line, we proudly present to you the top 5 competitors or alternatives of SiteGround for the year 2021.
Top 5 Competitors Or Alternatives Of SiteGround Of 2021 Ranked
Without much ado, let’s take a look at the 5 competitors of SiteGround that will easily give you equal value for your money when they are chosen and adopted for your hosting needs.
Let’s begin by mentioning names!
1. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is one of the closest rivals of SiteGround’s in the web hosting industry.
As a matter of fact, these two companies share so much in common and offer so much value to their clients that when we compared SiteGround to A2 sometimes back, we discovered, without any iota of surprise though, that the two hosting companies ranked on the same scale.
In that comparison, we rated A2 above SiteGround for only two reasons: A2’s servers are faster – and the company certainly has cheaper offers.
However, on other terms and metrics, we found a tie – a tie that only the 2 options above helped us decide in favor of A2.
Accordingly thus, if you’re interested in looking at a suitable alternative to SiteGround for your blog or website, you should first and foremost, consider hosting with A2 before any other option is brought to the fore.
What we particularly love about A2 is the fact that the company has super speedy servers that makes sites hosted on them act like rockets, online.
However, despite these speedy servers, the prices over at the company are fair – and super reasonable, given the value one receives when one is lucky enough to have his/her site powered by this hosting company.
Why Consider A2 As An Alternative To SiteGround?
- A2’s servers are way speedier than SiteGround’s. As a matter of fact, A2 is currently one of the fastest hosting company at the moment money can buy.
- A2 offers monthly hosting payment or billing – an option you cannot get when you choose to go the SiteGround way.
- When you host with A2, you get your money back anytime you want – that is, in the event that you decide the company no longer serves your needs or that of your site. Though, this is on a pro rata basis, SiteGround has no such arrangement.
- A2 offers you such options as VPS, an option SiteGround currently does not offer.
Want to take a look at what A2 offers and compare it to what you get at SiteGround’s?
You should! Click here to take a look at A2’s offer.
2. InterServer Hosting
Another hosting solution that is a smart option to SiteGround is InterServer Hosting.
Founded in 1999, this hosting solution first of all, attracts the eye when it becomes clear that higher fees are not paid when renewing your plan.
Unlike the reality of SiteGround that sees you actively spending more than double the initial amount you paid for the ‘promotion hosting fees’ when you choose to renew, InterServer locks down the price of its services to you so that you get to renew at the exact rate you signed up for.
Featuring all the plan classes from shared to dedicated, you are certain to get a plan here that will brilliantly serve you both in the short and long run.
However, most clients who have either chosen this company as their first hosting company of choice or have transferred to it have attested to the fact that the reality of the company opting to register their domain names (or accept same via transfer) for a paltry $1.99 (with the purchase of any hosting plan) was part of allure that made them switch.
We see reason with them – for if we’re on a budget ourselves, registering a smart domain with InterServer or transferring one wouldn’t do any harm, especially factoring the company’s super fair prices.
Or, would it?
Why Consider InterServer Hosting As An Alternative To SiteGround?
- InterServer is one of the hosting companies that offer monthly billing to their customers. If you are thus on a budget or love to pay for things when you receive your monthly check, this is the perfect hosting solution. Remember, SiteGround does not offer this.
- InterServer has a price lock-down policy. This means that, what you pay initially for hosting is what is applicable during renewal. This is sadly not the case with SiteGround.
- If you’re interested in great domain registration or transfer deals, InterServer would never disappoint: the company offers you $1.99 on fresh domains as well as transfers. This is something SiteGround does not offer.
- If you’re a traditional person, it is interesting to note that InterServer has been online way longer than SiteGround 🙂
Usually, too much talk isn’t always an awesome thing. Click here to take a look at InterServer’s offering directly.
3. BlueHost Hosting
The Blue Guys – BlueHost Hosting is right on the line.
Now, these guys are not just the ‘Blue Folks’ – they are one of the very best hosting providers that money can buy at the moment,
In fact, they are one of the hosting solutions recommended by WordPress – directly.
Now, the thing is this: if they weren’t that good, why would WordPress, the most popular CMS on earth (and most likely, what is powering your site or is going to power it) put in a word for them officially – and in print?
Get the drift?
However, the attraction of BlueHost does not end with the fact that it is officially recommended by WordPress. As a matter of fact, that is where it begins proper and the attraction gets more interesting.
For new clients who are looking to host their sites online and have not yet committed to a domain name, BlueHost offers a free domain name with the purchase of any hosting plan.
As if this incentive is not enough, all plans also get a free SSL certificate to ensure that trust is in place and importantly, security and conversion take their rightful places.
Now, let’s summarize why you should consider BlueHost as an alternative to SiteGround.
Why Consider BlueHost As An Alternative To SiteGround?
- BlueHost is officially endorsed by WordPress, the most popular CMS on earth. Great chances are too that your site is (or is going to be) powered by WordPress. Thus, you can never go wrong by going with BlueHost – if you’re using WordPress at the moment or there is a remote possibility of using it in future.
- BlueHost offers a free domain per account. This makes a tonne of sense if you’re looking to start a project online and are on a tight budget.
- Finally, you get a free SSL certificate for every hosting account. This certificate ensures that your site ranks on the SERPs, you are trusted, security is assured and importantly, conversion happens for you.
BlueHost is awesome and a worthy alternative to SiteGround. However, do not take our word for it. Click here to take a look for yourself.
4. HostGator Hosting
The hosting company, HostGator needs no introduction.
The company has been around for pretty much of the time and during this time, it has done what it knows how to do best: host awesomely.
Dominating both the domain hosting world and the world of actual hosting, it is easy to see that this company truly means business.
And of course, ‘business’ for you means a smart, credible alternative to SiteGround.
However, the company does not rely on this fact to make you decide in its favor and certainly, we aren’t asking you simply take our word – hook, line and sinker.
HostGator hosting has been endorsed by PC Magazine – and a plethora of other super reliable media. The words, across these media remain the same: the company is dead awesome!
Why Consider HostGator As An Alternative To SiteGround?
- An array of hosting plans and solutions that suit every budget (and need) under the sun. If you don’t get what you’re looking for here, we doubt if any other site will offer it.
- 45 day money back guarantee. This is the ultimate test of an awesome service as who will really want to stick out his/her neck for something that is dead unreliable?
- Free transfer of an existing site – if this is what will serve you at the moment.
HostGator, in our (and their own words) simply eats up the competition. Click here to see how they achieve this.
Recommended Reading: Hosting Today? Watch Out For These 6 Important Things First!
5. Liquid Web Hosting
No one wants to have to tackle stuff – if it can be avoided.
The reasoning is that, what exactly is the point of seeking to tackle things yourself, especially in the complex world of web hosting when you can get these things done for you in the smartest and most professional of manners?
This is the biggest appeal of Liquid Web as an alternative hosting solution to SiteGround.
Designed to tow the ‘fully managed’ path, Liquid Web maintains and completely keeps your website safe from harm via updates and routine maintenance.
This is something that is well beyond what the normal hosting company does; if you sincerely want more out of hosting and would appreciate some of the work done for you, then, considering Liquid Web hosting is a smart thing to do.
This is especially true if you are new to the business of hosting – or are simply damn busy that you’ll appreciate some time on your hands to do what you truly love or should be doing: updating your site and creating awesome content for it.
The appeal of Liquid Web does not however stops there: besides offering managed hosting, the company also promises 59 seconds support and most importantly, 100% uptime assurance!
Now, these are things that SiteGround itself does not promise at the moment!
Imagine hosting that never goes offline and support that comes your way in a minute – or less.
Isn’t this truly a viable and extremely smart alternative to SiteGround?
Why Consider Liquid Web As An Alternative To SiteGround?
- 100% uptime guarantee. Even SiteGround does not guarantee this!
- 59 seconds support. It is awesome that the company has let this out so that you know exactly what to expect. Can you imagine your challenges and queries attended to in less than a minute?
- Fully managed hosting. The issues of backups, plugins and general maintenance is taken out of your hands and handled by professionals. With this, your time is deployed to focus on what truly matters – content and website promotion.
- Fila, FedEx and Motorola all use this company. These companies, serving the whole world cannot all be wrong. Or can they?
There is nothing as exciting as a web host that puts figures up for you to see and is clear on what it has to offer. There is also nothing that beats having someone manage your site for you, freeing you valuable time to do what really matters.
If there is one hosting company in the world that offers this reality, it is Liquid Web…go check them up!
This, no doubt, has been an interesting and eye-opening piece.
However, it has also been a little bit long – longer than we had imagined prior 🙂
We, most fortunately, had to cover all the basics to ensure that you received the very best at the end.
The good news is that, this is the end of the article.
If you’re however confused about the best alternative of SiteGround’s (afterall, we have 5 solid options here), simply go with A2 Hosting and you won’t be wrong; both in the short and long run.